Children's Bulletin -
Making 'rocket launchers'.
Get Your Head in the Game
What You Need: “Action Cards” Activity Page
What You Do:
• Form two teams and direct them to stand at opposite sides of your space, as far apart as possible.
• Ask one player from each team to be their team’s “Controllers” and come stand in the middle of the room, each facing their own teams.
• Invite the “Controllers” to each take an “Action Card” and call out the directions to their team, which will do the action then freeze in place.
• Continue drawing cards until ALL the players on one team reach their Controller.
• Switch Controllers, shuffle the “Action Cards,” and play again as time allows.
What You Say:
“Winning or losing this game was totally out of your control. Even your team’s Controller couldn’t ‘control’ whether you moved forward, stayed in place, or had to go back to the starting line. Do you ever feel like life is that way, too—out of your control? We make choices that impact our lives for good or bad, but sometimes stuff just happens even when we’ve made great choices. It’s not our fault. It’s not our choice. It’s not anything we can change. If you’ve ever felt that way, it helps to remember that even though we don’t always have control, God does.